- Global Awareness
- Guided Pathways
- Hispanic Serving Institution
- Student Success & Equity
- Humanities Institute
About the Humanities Institute
Since it began as a campus-wide initiative in September of 1990, the Humanities Institute has supported the work of faculty and staff to bring diverse programming/events (including organizing and sponsoring conferences, guest speaker series, and community partnerships) to Mesa College. In the past, this was made possible by having a full-time faculty member and staff support to coordinate this level of work with the campus.
Request for Funding 2017-2018 School Year will be released in April 2017
The current Humanities Institute works to:
- Provide a funding base for faculty and staff to use for coordinating/organizing programs/events that promote our mission of working to serve as an internal vehicle for cultural, Interdisciplinary and San Diego Mesa College community priorities.
- Provide support to complete paperwork related to funded programming/events.
- Provide a network of campus and community partners for publicizing programming/events through email and print.
Resources for the Humanities
- Community College Humanities Association
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- California Council for the Humanities
- California Arts Council
- San Diego Commission for Arts and Culture
For more information contact: Professor George Ye, Humanities Institute Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org / 619-388-2304.