- Accelerated College Program
- Allied Health
- American Indian Studies
- American Sign Language
- Veterinary Technology
- Architecture and Environmental Design
- Asian American Studies
- Art & Fine Art
- Arts & Languages (School)
- Black Studies
- Building & Construction Technology
- Business & Technology (School)
- Chicano Studies
- Child Development
- Communication Studies
- Computer Business Technology
- Computer Information Science
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Assisting
- Digital Technology
- Dramatic Arts
- Exercise Science
- Geographic Information Systems
- Health Information Technology
- Health Information Management
- Health Sciences & Public Service (School)
- Humanities (School)
- Interior Design
- Liberal Arts
- Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Studies
- Mathematics & Natural Sciences (School)
- Medical Assisting
- Physical Science
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Political Science
- Radiologic Technology
- Real Estate
- Social Behavioral Sciences & Multicultural Studies (School)
- Social Sciences
- Teacher Education
- Web Development
Welcome to Dental Assisting. We are very excited you are interested in San Diego Mesa College Dental Assisting Program. Please use the following buttons to navigate to view all Dental Assisting Courses, the Dental Assisting Certificates/Degrees offered, the faculty page and to visit the Dental Assisting program page that reflects our catalog information.
The Dental Assisting application
Opens: April 1st, 2021 at 12:00pm
Closes: May 3, 2021 at 12:00pm
Please attend one of our upcoming information sessions:
Fall 2020 Information Sessions:
September 23rd, at 7:00p.m.
October 21st, at 7:00 p.m.
November 17th, at 7:00 p.m.
Spring 2021 Information Sessions:
Due to the Presidental Inauguration on January 20th we have moved the information session to January 21st, at 7:00 p.m.
February 24th, at 7:00 p.m.
March 24th, at 7:00 p.m.
Two prerequisites for the Dental Assisting program will be required to apply for the Fall of 2020.
The two prerequisites are:
- DENA 050 – Dental Communications
- DENA 056 – Basic Dental Science
These courses will be offered during the fall and spring semesters so that they may be completed in time for the next application cycle.
This is a Career Education Program. According to the California Department of Education, Career Education is a program
of study that involves a multiyear sequence of courses that integrates core academic
knowledge with technical and occupational knowledge to provide students with a pathway
to postsecondary education and careers.
Students enrolling in the Dental Assisting Program at San Diego Mesa College will experience courses in the state of the art Allied Health Building (opened 2009). The program utilizes classrooms designed to give the student relevant dental experience and personal attention. The dental assisting classrooms include a dental clinic with modern dental chairs and equipment such as intra-oral cameras, CAD/CAM dental system and dental software, a dental laboratory classroom where students have their own lighted work area, a radiography room with digital x-ray equipment, a lecture classroom and a computer laboratory classroom.
The San Diego Mesa College Dental Assisting Program:
- Is accredited by the Dental Board of California (DBC) and the Commission of Dental Accreditation (CODA) of the American Dental Association.
- Is recognized by the local dental community and personnel agencies for skilled dental assistants.
- Ranks among the top 10 dental assisting programs statewide for passing the California RDA State Board Exams.
- Enables dental assisting students to immediately apply for the RDA and CDA examinations upon successful completion of the program.
- Includes required certification courses for the dental assistant and registered dental assistant such as Basic Life Support (BLS), Infection Control, CA Dental Practice Act, Radiography, Coronal Polishing and Pit and Fissure Sealant Placement.
Information Session dates and times: September 23rd, at 7:00 p.m., October 21st at 7:00 p.m., and November 17th at 7:00 p.m. This is the link to the zoom meeting.
For enrollment: Special Admissions Contacts (click on email address)- James Arnegard: email@example.com,
Dulce Carolina Lopez: firstname.lastname@example.org or Karina Sandoval:email@example.com
Special Admissions, I4-102 Telephone #: 619-388-2682 / 619-388-5713