ContactRoom: Room I4-309 (3rd floor)
Phone/Google Voice: 760-652-9065
Students are encouraged to leave a voicemail. We will return your call or email within 1-2 business days.
Program Email: MesaFosterYouth@sdccd.edu
M-Th: 8:00am - 6:00pm
F: 8:00am - 3:00pm
FAST/NextUp Student Services Technician:
Blanca "Melissa" Zavala
FAST/NextUp Project Assistant:
ATTENTION TO ALL STUDENTS:
Although our campus and physical offices are closed to protect the health and safety of our staff,
students, and community members, we remain dedicated to serving our students. Our counselors
and staff are still available and are offering remote services via emails, phone calls, or video calls. Please read below for details on how to reach us.
HOW TO CONTACT US:
Students are encouraged to leave a voicemail and a team member will return their call within 1-2
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please provide your Mesa College ID number when contacting us so we can best assist you.
Staff will be working Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m.
to 3:00 p.m, to serve students remotely. We will return your call or email within 1-2 business days.
We appreciate your flexibility during this time.
May is National Foster Care Month, a time to recognize that we can each play a part in enhancing the lives of students who experienced foster care.
Have you ever wondered, "how can I support students who experienced foster care at San Diego Mesa College?" You can help support our students who call Mesa College home by attending a Foster Care Awareness Event. See below for details! Colleagues, Community Members, Students, and Prospective Students are all welcome.
WHAT IS NEXTUp?
The NextUp program is designed to support the educational goals and well-being of current and former foster youth. Our program provides ‘over and above’ support services and caring staff to help former foster youth overcome roadblocks that may prevent them from the pursuit of higher education and career goals.
WHAT ARE THE NEXTUP SERVICES?
- Academic, personal, and career counseling.
- Priority registration.
- Book Service.
- Assistance applying for Financial Aid.
- Assistance applying for the CHAFEE grant and other scholarships.
- Tutorial services.
- Food assistance.
- and much more!
WHAT ARE NEXTUP REQUIREMENTS?
- Be a California resident.
- Qualify to receive a California College Promise Grant (formerly the Board of Governors Fee Waiver).
- Be a current or former foster youth in California whose dependency or wardship was established or continued by the court on, or after the youth’s 16th birthday.
- Be under 26 at the beginning of the academic year.
- Be enrolled in at least nine (9) units.
- Be eligible for EOPS.
- Note: The EOPS 70 unit & 6 semester degree-applicable unit limit does not apply to CAFYES students upon admittance to the NextUP program nor apply for dismissal from the NextUP program.
How to Apply
Please click the button below to apply now
For more information contact: Blanca “Melissa” Zavala at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact EOPS at 619-388-2706.